Wednesday, December 13, 2023

The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror by Christopher Moore


It'd been probably at least a decade since I'd read this--more than the first chapter, anyway, which I read every year about this time--and I need to read this book more often. There's much more to it than that first chapter, all of it really good. I have a tendency to recommend Sacre Bleu at people without much provocation (sorry if I've done this to you) but there's a pretty good argument The Stupidest Angel is funnier; it's goofier, at any rate. It takes several snarky potshots at Christmas, but it doesn't really have much of an axe to grind, there, it's more a target of opportunity thing. Any novel that has me laughing out loud a dozen times while I'm reading it is clearly hitting my sense of humor dead-on.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Episode Thirteen by Craig DiLouie

  This is labeled as an epistolary novel, but that's not entirely right. There are entries that could not possibly have been written, fr...