Thursday, September 19, 2024

The Pigeon by David Gordon

 

With this, I think I'm caught up on this series--alas, David Gordon is a hard author to track, there's at least one other author with the same name. It's the only series I'm bothering with, and I might look into acquiring copies for myself. This is another over-the-top caper novel of sorts, with both real romance (mostly back-burnered) and some glorious carnage, leavened with witty-quippy banter and laugh-out-loud passages, all written by someone who can write beautiful pages about a pigeon-keeper tending to his birds. Yes, seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Episode Thirteen by Craig DiLouie

  This is labeled as an epistolary novel, but that's not entirely right. There are entries that could not possibly have been written, fr...