This is third book in what is apparently intended or expected to be an ongoing series--either that, or it's got one mother of a downbeat ending--but that I can tell, no further books have been published, and it seems to be kinda spiraling the "I don't know how to end this" drain. The wit and snappy dialogue are still there, but there's a bit of a sense that Williams wants to keep making the story he's telling in these books bigger, and is running out of obviously bigger things to throw in. I'm not happy about much of this, Williams is a solid writer, I'd like to see more from him (just, probably, not necessarily more in this series).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bad News by Donald E. Westlake
I finally found a couple of Westlake's Dortmunders. This one is a fricking blast: While there are complications and suchlike that emer...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...
-
I dunno. On the one hand there are some interesting ideas in this novel, and Cantero's prose sparkles with wit and joy. On the other h...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...

No comments:
Post a Comment