Yet another novel laden with blandness the author attempted to cover up with dazzling and daffy local color. Cluttered and crowded and massively disjunct, with the strong whiff of an inability to tell dreams from detritus. Dude, you should have let the short story be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bad News by Donald E. Westlake
I finally found a couple of Westlake's Dortmunders. This one is a fricking blast: While there are complications and suchlike that emer...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...
-
I dunno. On the one hand there are some interesting ideas in this novel, and Cantero's prose sparkles with wit and joy. On the other h...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...

No comments:
Post a Comment