Well. Almost two years ago I read a novel by Tremblay and thought it was really good stuff but there was a touch of PoMo that gave me pause. This novel is pretty much just that touch of PoMo, the novel being in the form of a memoir written by one character, with notes scribbled on it by another, the latter turns out to be something like a vampire, and she turns out to have destroyed the writer of the memoir entirely and in multiple ways. There, I've spared you the bother of struggling to read this distressingly boring novel, go and do something worthwhile with the time I've saved you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tangled Up in Blue by Rosa Brooks
This has been sitting n my shelf for a while, I figured I'd read it. The author is a professor at Georgetown Law, and she went through...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...
-
I dunno. On the one hand there are some interesting ideas in this novel, and Cantero's prose sparkles with wit and joy. On the other h...

No comments:
Post a Comment