DNF. I was reading along fine, the main seemed a little overwrought about stuff, but she'd been through some shit and I was giving her as much room for grief as she needed so she could tell her story. Then around page 175 the novel did a thing so stupid and so implausible that I just stopped. What had come before sort of made some sense, though it took some rerouting of power to the disbelief suspenders; that move just broke me, if the author's going to do that sort of dumb shit I'll just stop now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Heart Is a Chainsaw by Stephen Graham Jones
I am the weird horror fan who doesn't like slasher movies; Stephen Graham Jones fucking adores them, and this novel is book one of a t...
-
This is a deeply romantic series of adventures in the pursuit of solving a mystery. There are references to Doyle, it's possible the aut...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...

No comments:
Post a Comment