This was for a book club that I will not be going to. It's not often that one reads a book that is so boring and so unsubtle at the same time--the thematic stuff was making noise like a chainsaw early on. I don't need to read another horror novel about conformity, let alone one with no interesting characters that (I'd be willing to bet) get picked off and assimilated one by miserable one. So I noped out after just over a hundred pages.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury
This is Bradbury writing at his most beautiful, his most nostalgic. It's a paean to his childhood: As the introduction makes clear, th...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...
-
I dunno. On the one hand there are some interesting ideas in this novel, and Cantero's prose sparkles with wit and joy. On the other h...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...

No comments:
Post a Comment