Reading this novel reminded me a good deal of reading Processed Cheese. America Fantastica is more subtle, and the points it's making are ... more varied, I think--not just privilege and wealth and inequality (though that) but also identity and the lies people tell each other and themselves. It's either kaleidoscopic or disjointed, I'm not sure I know which, and I'm not sure the going is particularly worth the ride, though there are some passages that made me laugh out loud.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bad News by Donald E. Westlake
I finally found a couple of Westlake's Dortmunders. This one is a fricking blast: While there are complications and suchlike that emer...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...
-
I dunno. On the one hand there are some interesting ideas in this novel, and Cantero's prose sparkles with wit and joy. On the other h...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...
No comments:
Post a Comment