This is an interesting and very amusing book. Not goofy-funny like Christopher Moore or Terry Pratchett, but still soaked in humor. One of the blurbs uses the word "Jew-noir," and it's very noir and very Jewish. It's also, I think, something of a bildungsroman, though that's not a position I'm willing to die in a ditch over. While there's pain and vengeance in the novel, it's much more lighthearted than, for instance, S.A. Cosby; that's fine, there's room for them both.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tangled Up in Blue by Rosa Brooks
This has been sitting n my shelf for a while, I figured I'd read it. The author is a professor at Georgetown Law, and she went through...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...
-
It's Scalzi being Scalzi. His books are immensely readable--witty and quippy and sparkling and poppy--and this is him, at his Scalzies...

No comments:
Post a Comment