Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Fluke, or, I Know Why the Winged Whale Sings by Christopher Moore

 

Every now and then I read a novel by an author that I normally really like, and find that it doesn't work as well for me. Most of the time Christopher Moore makes me laugh out loud and makes me think, and the best of his novels make my life ... easier to live with. This is not one of his best novels; it's a fine light and light-hearted novel with some wonky quasi-SF stuff, but it's not, overwhelmingly, *funny*. That doesn't seem from here so much as though there are jokes that don't land as much as it does that there just aren't a lot of jokes. It's not a *bad* novel, but I really was in the mood for the kinda screwball-funny Moore's a master of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Episode Thirteen by Craig DiLouie

  This is labeled as an epistolary novel, but that's not entirely right. There are entries that could not possibly have been written, fr...