Grabbed this off my wife's stack of books going back to the library, after she enjoyed it immensely, and it turned out to be kinda the book I needed this evening. Obviously Book One of a series, but that's fine, sometimes those are plenty charming--and this one is. It's laden with internal drama as well as external, and there's sparkle and wit and even joy just strewn all over it; the prose at times practically sings and quivers with it. Things happen that are supernatural, plausibly even monstrous, but most of the important stuff is deeply human. Really impressively good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tangled Up in Blue by Rosa Brooks
This has been sitting n my shelf for a while, I figured I'd read it. The author is a professor at Georgetown Law, and she went through...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...
-
I dunno. On the one hand there are some interesting ideas in this novel, and Cantero's prose sparkles with wit and joy. On the other h...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...

No comments:
Post a Comment