Wednesday, January 10, 2024

The Serialist by David Gordon

 

We grabbed this from a Little Free Library at a local organic grocery ... a few years ago, at least, and it's been sitting on a shelf since then. All the half-references in the jacket copy had me worried it was going to be pointlessly meta: It's not. It is a well-told crime/mystery novel, with plenty of twists along the way as well as more than a dash of self-knowledge. It reminds me in all kinds of good ways of Everyone in My Family Has Killed Someone, though it's probably more of a serial-killer noir novel than a fair-play mystery. By turns witty and gripping. The novel's more than ten years old, and I'm curious to see if there's more. I'll be poking around and finding out, I suspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Episode Thirteen by Craig DiLouie

  This is labeled as an epistolary novel, but that's not entirely right. There are entries that could not possibly have been written, fr...