I'm a fan of Christopher Moore, and this is one of his better books--maybe better than Noir, which this is a sequel to. He wrapped enough things up here that I don't see another sequel coming, which is fine: I'm ambivalent at best about sequels, anyway. This novel, like its predecessor, catches the feel of Noir fiction--the language and the narrative beats--and like its predecessor this novel takes more than a few turns toward the giddily absurd.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub
Took a couple of nights to read this, for the first time in decades; the book is new to me but is physically about the same age as the mas...
-
This is a deeply romantic series of adventures in the pursuit of solving a mystery. There are references to Doyle, it's possible the aut...
-
I dunno. On the one hand there are some interesting ideas in this novel, and Cantero's prose sparkles with wit and joy. On the other h...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...

No comments:
Post a Comment