My wife loves beautiful books. This was her favorite book of the last six-ish months, and I see why. It takes a little while to get going, but once the storylines and timelines come together the book burns bright and glorious. Arguably skitters on the edge of YA, but that doesn't matter--that's probably because the love stuff is mostly chaste, especially in the mind of someone who's just read a book by Christopher Moore--and it's not as though YA is bad, exactly, and I suspect Ms. Harrow just wrote the story she had, and let things like reader categories and genre sort themselves out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury
This is Bradbury writing at his most beautiful, his most nostalgic. It's a paean to his childhood: As the introduction makes clear, th...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...
-
I dunno. On the one hand there are some interesting ideas in this novel, and Cantero's prose sparkles with wit and joy. On the other h...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...

No comments:
Post a Comment