After really enjoying the hell out of The Ten Thousand Doors of January, I figured I'd read another book by Ms. Harrow--and while this book is not quite so superb as that one, it's an excellent book. Darkish kinda rural-folkish Fantasy (curses and ghosts and a house that's plausibly sapient) with a Romantic streak at least a mile wide. Yeah, there's a love story at the center of it, but that's not exactly what I mean by that Romantic streak. Also an open-ended ending that's arguably a happy one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tangled Up in Blue by Rosa Brooks
This has been sitting n my shelf for a while, I figured I'd read it. The author is a professor at Georgetown Law, and she went through...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...
-
I dunno. On the one hand there are some interesting ideas in this novel, and Cantero's prose sparkles with wit and joy. On the other h...

No comments:
Post a Comment