If you've been looking for a novel that riffs on Scooby-Doo, landing somewhere in the overlapping middle ground of piss-take and loving riff counterpoised with small-town Lovecraftian badness, with side helpings of awesome doggo, bildungsromain, and lesbian romance, look no further--this is the book that's been missing in your life. Even if you aren't looking for such a novel, this is very much worth reading: The prose is frequently laugh-out-loud funny, and there's deeper stuff lurking in it (and that's not just the abandoned mine).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tangled Up in Blue by Rosa Brooks
This has been sitting n my shelf for a while, I figured I'd read it. The author is a professor at Georgetown Law, and she went through...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...
-
It's Scalzi being Scalzi. His books are immensely readable--witty and quippy and sparkling and poppy--and this is him, at his Scalzies...

No comments:
Post a Comment