Oh, hey, I read this today. It's a good little horror novella, with lots to say about the ways families get broken down on the margins of society (especially the Reservations). The POV character's life seems desperate and hardscrabble, both as an adolescent and in the brief denouement as an adult. There aren't really any heroes in the story, heroism isn't something any of the characters can really afford.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tangled Up in Blue by Rosa Brooks
This has been sitting n my shelf for a while, I figured I'd read it. The author is a professor at Georgetown Law, and she went through...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...
-
I dunno. On the one hand there are some interesting ideas in this novel, and Cantero's prose sparkles with wit and joy. On the other h...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...

No comments:
Post a Comment