This is a book. It contains words. Those words describe people, places, things, and activities. What the words in the book describe seems to fall into a few different threads, which don't really seem to have any meaningful connection to each other. There is roughly no tension in the book, if it were a person I'd describe it as having "flat affect," nothing really goes anywhere and anything that might have had any meaning or point disappears like farts in the wind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tangled Up in Blue by Rosa Brooks
This has been sitting n my shelf for a while, I figured I'd read it. The author is a professor at Georgetown Law, and she went through...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...
-
I dunno. On the one hand there are some interesting ideas in this novel, and Cantero's prose sparkles with wit and joy. On the other h...

No comments:
Post a Comment