This was a fun SF novel. It's probably some sort of space-opera, maybe with some post-apocalyptic grace-notes--it takes too many liberties to really qualify as hard SF, I think--and the characters are neatly drawn, the arcs and behaviors plausible. The prose is deft and witty and smooth, and there's a sense of humor lurking around practically every corner. Maybe--maybe--the main character is implausibly badass; it's wasn't a problem for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury
This is Bradbury writing at his most beautiful, his most nostalgic. It's a paean to his childhood: As the introduction makes clear, th...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...
-
I dunno. On the one hand there are some interesting ideas in this novel, and Cantero's prose sparkles with wit and joy. On the other h...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...

No comments:
Post a Comment