This is a pretty good novel, plays mostly fair. I kinda spotted the who really early on, but not the why or anything. I'm familiar with the Nutshell Studies that inspired the novel, I've even seen them with my own eyes (probably about the same time as the author did). It's an interesting idea to turn what was mostly meant as an instructional tool into an investigatory one. A few minor glitches, and a slight tendency for earnestness, but mostly a decent novel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tangled Up in Blue by Rosa Brooks
This has been sitting n my shelf for a while, I figured I'd read it. The author is a professor at Georgetown Law, and she went through...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...
-
I dunno. On the one hand there are some interesting ideas in this novel, and Cantero's prose sparkles with wit and joy. On the other h...
No comments:
Post a Comment