Hey, I read this book this morning in a coffee shop. Funny, quippy-witty, but tense as all heck, with some very-early-stage love story going on. Westlake's reputation does preceed him, and it's well earned. Definitely seems to have a knack for stories about normal guys in over their heads, sliding sideways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bad News by Donald E. Westlake
I finally found a couple of Westlake's Dortmunders. This one is a fricking blast: While there are complications and suchlike that emer...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...
-
I dunno. On the one hand there are some interesting ideas in this novel, and Cantero's prose sparkles with wit and joy. On the other h...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...
No comments:
Post a Comment