Sara spotted this in the library, after we both enjoyed the hell out of *The Librarian of Burned Books*, she read it first. This is maybe slightly better than that book, somehow managing to be more hopeful in spite (or maybe because) of the greater magnitude of loss in if. Multiple story lines carried off with remarkable grace, again a subtext bubbling to the surface screaming about the present day. Very highly recommended.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bad News by Donald E. Westlake
I finally found a couple of Westlake's Dortmunders. This one is a fricking blast: While there are complications and suchlike that emer...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...
-
I dunno. On the one hand there are some interesting ideas in this novel, and Cantero's prose sparkles with wit and joy. On the other h...
No comments:
Post a Comment