This is a really, really good novel--not as light and breezy as some of Miller's others, nor quite so quippy, but at least as good. All the rage, Jewish and otherwise, that lurked somewhere in the middle-background or further back is front and center, here. The novel has real, interesting things to say about war and art, and about religion and gender and sexuality and identity (in all its meanings). Most of the events in the novel happened to someone, if not the characters in the novel, which ... makes much of the novel hard to cope with.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tangled Up in Blue by Rosa Brooks
This has been sitting n my shelf for a while, I figured I'd read it. The author is a professor at Georgetown Law, and she went through...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...
-
I dunno. On the one hand there are some interesting ideas in this novel, and Cantero's prose sparkles with wit and joy. On the other h...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...

No comments:
Post a Comment