I read this book this evening, and it really wasn't anything like as good as the O'Connor, or any of six other books I've read this month. Cluttered and muddled, with a deeply deranged unreliable narrator powering twist after twist after stupid twist. It would probably have been a mercy if I'd stopped when she used "epitaph" when she meant "epigraph." That should have been a sign ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury
This is Bradbury writing at his most beautiful, his most nostalgic. It's a paean to his childhood: As the introduction makes clear, th...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...
-
I dunno. On the one hand there are some interesting ideas in this novel, and Cantero's prose sparkles with wit and joy. On the other h...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...

No comments:
Post a Comment