This is a witty thriller, laden with sparking dialogue and hilarious, read out loud to your increasingly impatient spouse funny turns of phrase. There's probably at least one more novel coming, here--I'm reminded of David Gordon's Joe the Bouncer novels, where there were three to resolve the starting situations, then some more (and probably more coming, which is fine, I'll read them if/when I find out about them and find them); this has a similar feel, which is, again, fine: I'm not devoted to Byrne's novels, but they (and Dez) are great fun, and now there's some pending stuff. If I see another of these in the library, I'll check it out; it's not anything I'm deeply pressed about.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tangled Up in Blue by Rosa Brooks
This has been sitting n my shelf for a while, I figured I'd read it. The author is a professor at Georgetown Law, and she went through...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...
-
I dunno. On the one hand there are some interesting ideas in this novel, and Cantero's prose sparkles with wit and joy. On the other h...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...

No comments:
Post a Comment