A waste of a great title. I got eighty-eight pages in, before I reached my limit on charmlessly despicable characters (all of the characters in the book are charmlessly despicable with the possible exception of the younger sister with Down Syndrome, who's across the Atlantic) and obviously intentionally dishonest narrators who still feel the need to be coy about it, and an authorial voice that started as kinda bad and by the time I tapped out was like nails on a blackboard. The prologue ending with a glaring grammatical error was a clue, and I didn't need to finish the garbage book to learn it this time. Yay, me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tangled Up in Blue by Rosa Brooks
This has been sitting n my shelf for a while, I figured I'd read it. The author is a professor at Georgetown Law, and she went through...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...
-
I dunno. On the one hand there are some interesting ideas in this novel, and Cantero's prose sparkles with wit and joy. On the other h...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...

No comments:
Post a Comment