Started this at a coffee shop this morning, finished it this evening at home. Well-written, -sourced, -researched; immensely informative--especially for someone like me, who never engaged with downloaded music, let alone streamed. I stopped bothering when finding media became a real pain in the ass. The recording industry has always been scum; streaming just makes that worse--it flattens markets and (sub)cultures while funneling money the artists earn into corporate coffers. Very worth reading, if eventually more angry-making and depressing than anything else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury
This is Bradbury writing at his most beautiful, his most nostalgic. It's a paean to his childhood: As the introduction makes clear, th...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...
-
I dunno. On the one hand there are some interesting ideas in this novel, and Cantero's prose sparkles with wit and joy. On the other h...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...

No comments:
Post a Comment