This was a reasonably well-written novel of derring-do during World War 2. It's not the deepest read ever, but it's interestingly structured, told on at least two timelines (and across a couple-five POVs). Of course the Good Guys win, though there are shades of Good and Bad. For someone with something of a reputation as a gun-lovin' author, Hunter has remarkably few guns at play in this. I suppose I'll have to take a look inside one or more of his other novels to see how justified that reputation is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury
This is Bradbury writing at his most beautiful, his most nostalgic. It's a paean to his childhood: As the introduction makes clear, th...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...
-
I dunno. On the one hand there are some interesting ideas in this novel, and Cantero's prose sparkles with wit and joy. On the other h...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...

No comments:
Post a Comment