Tapped out of this one before getting a hundred pages in. Going for kaleidoscopic and failing by a wide margin, lots of uninteresting--some of them really fucking dim, even ones I don't think were supposed to be--POV-ish characters. Clearly something big and squidlike was going on in the local underworld, but I wasn't buying any of how it was manifesting in the putative main's life. That's another author I'm done with, I'm afraid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bad News by Donald E. Westlake
I finally found a couple of Westlake's Dortmunders. This one is a fricking blast: While there are complications and suchlike that emer...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...
-
I dunno. On the one hand there are some interesting ideas in this novel, and Cantero's prose sparkles with wit and joy. On the other h...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...

No comments:
Post a Comment