This was not a very good book, and also it was stoopid. At least the prose was readable, though. There was never any suspension of disbelief or particular concern about the characters or the setting or the story. I probably should have stopped reading like eighty pages in; as often happens when I push on, I regret the choice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Prayer by Philip Kerr
This is one of those awkward novels that attempts to throw supernatural events in with a detective-mystery-thriller story, a trick that rar...
-
It's Scalzi being Scalzi. His books are immensely readable--witty and quippy and sparkling and poppy--and this is him, at his Scalzies...
-
I dunno. On the one hand there are some interesting ideas in this novel, and Cantero's prose sparkles with wit and joy. On the other h...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...

No comments:
Post a Comment