I ... don't think I have words for how good this novel is. I've describe reading Cosby in conversation as being like French-kissing an electric light socket (don't French-kiss an electric light socket, that'd *hurt*) and this novel is as electrifying as his others. There's less vengeance in this than in *My Darkest Prayer* or *Razorblade Tears* but at least as much pain; guilt and grief twine in the background like vines. Bigotry and abuse of power flash at all angles. Read Cosby--unlike French-kissing an electric light socket, it won't kill you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury
This is Bradbury writing at his most beautiful, his most nostalgic. It's a paean to his childhood: As the introduction makes clear, th...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...
-
I dunno. On the one hand there are some interesting ideas in this novel, and Cantero's prose sparkles with wit and joy. On the other h...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...

No comments:
Post a Comment