This book reads like first-person narration of a woman spiraling into crazy for most of its length right up until maybe the very end--though I'm not sure I entirely believe she found or did what she says--told in a sort of clinically bloodless prose that stirs the blood to apathy. The best thing about this book, really, is that VanderMeer is donating a portion of his royalties to thematically appropriate charities.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My Heart Is a Chainsaw by Stephen Graham Jones
I am the weird horror fan who doesn't like slasher movies; Stephen Graham Jones fucking adores them, and this novel is book one of a t...
-
This is a deeply romantic series of adventures in the pursuit of solving a mystery. There are references to Doyle, it's possible the aut...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...

No comments:
Post a Comment