Clearly this looked potentially interesting when I was at the library: Neat cover art, plausibly good title. I did not make it even fifty pages in. Wacky time-traveling archaeologist adventures with clunky prose and obvious characters ... nope. (I might have been able to cope, if the time-travel stuff had been a secret. At least The Ministry of Time got that right.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury
This is Bradbury writing at his most beautiful, his most nostalgic. It's a paean to his childhood: As the introduction makes clear, th...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...
-
I dunno. On the one hand there are some interesting ideas in this novel, and Cantero's prose sparkles with wit and joy. On the other h...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...

No comments:
Post a Comment