Sunday, December 24, 2023
SignWave by Andrew Vachss
Andrew Vachss wrote novels about seriously violent people doing seriously violent things. Usually the people who die are at least marginally worse than the people doing the violence. I wouldn't say the main character of *SignWave* exactly good, but he has his rules and he lives by them--and by the end he seems very much as though he's who he feels he should be, maybe taking some last step out of darkness. There's a strong whiff of noir here. I should probably read more Vachss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Bad News by Donald E. Westlake
I finally found a couple of Westlake's Dortmunders. This one is a fricking blast: While there are complications and suchlike that emer...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...
-
I dunno. On the one hand there are some interesting ideas in this novel, and Cantero's prose sparkles with wit and joy. On the other h...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...

No comments:
Post a Comment