This is a thriller in which people make decisions best described as morally dubious and, mostly, not a lot bad happens to them in the long term. Since most of the story is driven by a series of awkwardly implausible coincidences, I guess that's all right. It's like a fingerpaint version of Fargo or something: all bad stupid people doing varying degrees of bad things, for various bad reasons, with varying degrees of stupidity, in thick smeary stick-figure prose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tangled Up in Blue by Rosa Brooks
This has been sitting n my shelf for a while, I figured I'd read it. The author is a professor at Georgetown Law, and she went through...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...
-
I dunno. On the one hand there are some interesting ideas in this novel, and Cantero's prose sparkles with wit and joy. On the other h...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...

No comments:
Post a Comment