Yet another really enjoyable book in this series. Things are changing in ways I wouldn't have guessed from the first couple of books. The impossible couple are a couple, past the no-backsies point, and the complications from that should be kinda delicious. Gordon writes zippy, spritely prose and has a master's ear for dialogue and eye for character. There are only a few characters that don't come across as human, and they ... mostly come to bad ends, deservedly. I have one more book to read soon (so it can go back to the library) then I'm caught up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Gentlemen of the Road by Michael Chabon
Another instance--like the Spufford--where it's interesting to see such a Serious Writer write something so thoroughly genre: In this ...
-
So, this was a book that I almost stopped reading a couple-three times. It's not *bad*, exactly, but it's a weird dissonant tonal ...
-
I dunno. On the one hand there are some interesting ideas in this novel, and Cantero's prose sparkles with wit and joy. On the other h...
-
This is an actual Horror novel. Not a big shock, reading the blurbs, but the jacket text makes it seem vaguely Mystery/Technothriller-ish, a...

No comments:
Post a Comment